with roof terrace
The house was built in the period of ‘XVIIème siècle’ and is positioned strategically just outside Flayosc’s Port de Paris, the original gate where you would leave the village on the way to Paris. This Provençal historical farm house is a family home and has been thoughtfully decorated with rustic and antique furniture to retain its cosy feel and original features, such as the stone stairs and floors, wooded beams, windows and roof terrace.
Positioned in the central square of the town its situated to enjoy all of the eccentricities of French village life. The Monday morning market is right outside the house, where you can buy delicious local cheese and meat, wine, olive oils, salts from the Camargue region and bread and cakes. During the summer months many musical events take place, from Jazz evenings, to Spanish guitar and local bands.
The award winning restaurants are known to locals who congregate with their extended families for lunch on weekends all year round. And if you prefer to eat at home then there is no need to cook as the local deli provides excellent ready made delicious local delicacies and for your daily bread the two French bakeries have divine patisseries and breads. There are two grocery stores, a fruit and vegetable shop as well as many other places to sit and sip a Pastis or glass of Rose in the town square, or buy your own wine and relax on the terrace watching the sun go down.
This XVII century townhouse comprises of: 2 bedrooms, 1 large bathroom, 1 separate toilet and sleeps a maximum of 5.
3 floors of 27 sq. meters each. (81 sq. meters total). Roof terrace, large lounge diner with oak beamed ceiling and open log fire, farm style kitchenette. Overlooking the central village square. North of St. Tropez.
- 3 floors of 27 sq. meters each
- Large lounge diner original oak beamed ceiling, farm style kitchenette with open log fire
- Overlooking the central village square
- Two fridges, gas stove, crockery, pots, pans, cutlery, bedding and bath towels are provided
- Access via the original spiral stone winding staircase, curving majestically up four floors
- Furnished to a high standard in original French farmhouse style with bric a brac and antiques
- TV for DVD’s films and a CD player
- 2 double bedrooms one opening onto the terrace with large patio doors, all with original oak beamed ceilings
- Top bedroom has a double boat bed and netting drapes
- Main bedroom with a king size double bed (2m x 1.6m) with romantic curtain drapes as well as a single bed
- Panoramic views of the village and surrounding countryside from the outside semi-shaded private sun terrace for sun downers, eating and relaxing
- Large bathroom with long bath and bidet, separate WC, clothes washing machine as well as a tumble dryer
- Cotton linen and towels for indoor use only, electricity and water included
- Electric heaters for winter use and no hidden extras
- Original ceramic tiled floors of ochre-coloured hexagonal tomettes
- Pop downstairs for your coffee or breakfast, as well as delicious Plat du jour at mid-day – no need to cook at all! – over 10 village restaurants and bars just downstairs
- No smokers please
- May not be suitable for very small children due to stone staircase and four floors. No lift
- Lots of free and secure parking in the village 50 meters from the house
- The house manager speaks perfect English and French
With warm winters and mainly sunny days it’s a great place to visit all year round. The average daytime temperatures in winter ranges from 10°C to 28°C. Early in the spring it might rain, but sometimes it doesn’t rain until May or early June, average temperatures range from 16°C to 28°C. Summers are usually hot and dry, with daytime temperatures ranging from 25°C to 35°C.
There are many activities to take part in locally as well as interesting villages to visit nearby, rivers to swim in and waterfalls and caves to see. The countryside is spectacular and if it’s beach you want then St Maxime is only 35 minutes away, or the Lac St Croix is 40 minutes away and much quieter in the summer months. You can explore by horse back, cycling, walking or car.
Reviews from people staying at the House
Sorana, July 2018
Nice location in the centre of an old village. Many restaurants nearby. Cosy little balcony. We enjoyed our stay there.
Benedicte, July 2017
We truly enjoyed staying in this charming village house. The house was renovated and furnished with great taste in order to create an authentic experience of “l’art de vivre” in a small town in Provence. The house is located right in the center of the village where everything is taking place. There are plenty of restaurants and interesting places to do grocery shopping. Flayosc is a precious, lovely and lively little town for those in search of authenticity.